Have you told yourself: “I wish I can skip working out today” before a workout, or “I can’t do this anymore” while working out? A lot of us might feel that they are forced to work out even though they are doing so with their own will. The cause for your tiredness could be the timing of the workout or even the physical you are in. In all cases, working out can be made more fun and enjoyable. Do you want to know how? Read along!
1. Get yourself a speedometer: this gadget will count your steps and calculate the calories burned and the distanced traveled every day. Use one in order to stay motivated to achieve your goal, because no one quits a workout when their pedometer says that they have already achieved 85% percent of the target number of calories to be burned.
2. Take classes instead of training: when you do not feel motivated to work out, but do not want to skip the gym today, go to one of the classes offered. A Zumba or a Cross-fit class will make you sweat as much as a regular workout, in a shorter time and energize you as well.
3. Enroll in a marathon and train for it: when you have an aim, you do not delay training to achieve it. This will also develop a new habit that will help you in future sessions.
4. Do yoga alone out in nature: enjoy the clean fresh air that will motivate your body and soul.
5. Take photos of your progress and hang them on your wall: this will also motivate you to achieve better and more advanced results.
6. Create the best workout playlist: music that will make you want to do your best is the type of music you need in your playlist.
7. Try other ways of being active: put your rollers on and go out for a roll in the neighborhood just like the old days.
8. Use your social media and get your followers involved: put stories on Instagram to see the reactions of your followers. This is much more motivating than you think!
9. Bring your workout buddy with you: don’t work out alone, but instead convince your friend to join you. This will be so much fun!
10. Buy new gym clothes: a new pair of shoes will make a workout more fun and exciting.
11. Reward yourself: grab a healthy snack after your workout or pamper your muscles and joints with a relaxing massage.
12. Take advantage of the gym’s pool: take a swim in the gym’s pool after your workout to relax and burn some more calories.
13. Learn the names of the main muscles you are activating: which muscles other than biceps and triceps do you know?
14. Compete with someone (only in your head): pick someone you frequently see at the gym and make him / her your competitor, even it is just in your head.
15. Get out of your comfort zone: try new types of working out or classes that you never thought of enrolling in. This will be fun!