Women have added their touch to the sports world, making it even more special. Some names have become so popular that when you mention a sports type, you remember that athlete right away. Even with the continuous evolvement of sports, the number of women athletes is still lower than the number of men. The London 2012 games, were somehow the first event where women participated in an equal amount of Olympic events as men. While women's empowerment is becoming more important day by day, sports is one of the fields where women are being able to spread their wings even better. In order to take part in the empowering process of women athletes, we will present in this article some of the inspirational quotes from female athletes.
1. “If you just push through the struggles and the hard times, it’ll be so worth it in the end, because you’ll be able to get to your dreams.” Chloe Kim
Chloe Kim is an American snowboarder, of South Korean origins. She started snowboarding at the age of 4 and by the time she was 6 she was ready to start competing. From the age of 8 to 10 she was training in Geneva, Switzerland before coming back home to California. Her father gave up his job to be with her and drive her to her training and competitions. Two years ago, at the 2018 Winter Olympics, Kim became the youngest woman to win an Olympic snowboarding gold medal. She scored many “first woman” titles including, the first woman to win two gold medals in snowboarding at the Winter Youth Olympic Games.
2. “Adversity, if you allow it to, will fortify you and make you the best you can be.” Kerri Walsh Jennings
Kerri Walsh Jennings is an American beach volley player who has won an Olympic gold medal three times, and an Olympic Bronze medal once.
3. “The hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made, so if you push through, you can push through anything.” Dana Vollmer
Dana Vollmer is a former American competitive swimmer. Since 2003, her doctors recommended that she always have a defibrillator near every time she is going to swim, due to a heart condition. In 2019 she decided to quit swimming.
4. “The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you’re going to be able to persevere through anything” Carli Lloyd
Carli Lloyd is an American soccer player, who played with many teams as a midfielder. She has won many medals and titles playing soccer such as 2 Olympic gold medals, 2 times champion of FIFA Women’s World Cup, and 2 times FIFA player of the year and others.
5. “Take those chances and you can achieve greatness, whereas if you go conservative, you’ll never know” Danica Patrick
Danica Patrick is a former American racing driver, considered the most successful woman in the American open-wheel racing’s history as she has scored a victory in the Indy Japan 300 of 2008 that no woman has ever won.